Like any good dog parent, our holiday celebrations wouldn’t be complete without extending the invitation to our furry family members. Life is just better with dogs! As we host or attend football gatherings and fall festivals and with Halloween just around the corner, we thought it would be a good idea to share a few tips for planning a perfectly pet-friendly party season.
Just Say “B-O-O”!
Keep these 3 things in mind when planning a perfectly safe party experience for your pup:
B is for Bite
- Frequently empty trash cans that may be filled with foods dangerous to dogs
- appetizers with toothpicks, chicken wings, chocolates, etc.
- Kindly ask guests not to feed your dog
- avoid overfeeding/overeating… and eventual purging
- Keep hazards out of reach
- glow sticks, candy dishes, etc.
O is for Overwhelm
- Frequent, loud noises may be too much for your dog, and
- Heavy people traffic can be overstimulating
- Consider keeping your pet comfortable in a secure and quiet room
O is for Offend
- Keep lit jack-o-lanterns in a safe location
- away from frazzled fur
- Protect your pup from costumed trick-or-treaters
- who knows what will show up at your door!
! is for In case of an emergency!
- make sure your local vet or pet ER number is stored in your phone!
Don’t forget to stock up on Plato On The Go! Energy Bars. These convenient, single-serve bars are the perfect pavement-pounding treat for neighborhood pups! They also support healthy digestion, are made with limited ingredients and are free from corn, wheat, soy or artificial flavors. We take the extra time to air-dry them in batches in order to avoid high-temperature processing. It takes a lot longer but we think it’s worth it. Energy Bars come in Chicken & Mango, Lamb & Apple and Salmon & Carrot.
We hope you and your pup have a safe and Happy Halloween!
Tag us @PlatoPetTreats so we can see your spooky pics!