When it comes to pumpkin, Plato has you covered! We’ve collected a few tips to make sure this is your best pumpkin season yet!
- The world’s largest pumpkin ever recorded weighed in at 2,624.6 pounds
- The world’s smallest pumpkin weighed only 2.3oz (1/8 lb)
- The world’s largest pumpkin pie weighed 3,699 pounds
- The farthest Punkin Chunkin punkin’ was chucked 5,545.43 feet
- Antarctica is the only continent that doesn’t produce pumpkins
We humans love to find creative ways to incorporate more pumpkin into our diets (pumpkin tacos, anyone?), but did you know pumpkin is a superfood you can add to your dog’s dish as well? Pumpkin contains essential micronutrients and is rich in fiber which helps maintain a healthy gut microbiome to support your dog’s digestive system. Pumpkin also contains vitamins A, E and C as well as potassium and iron which provide nourishment for vision health and a strong immune system.
This website has a tool that allows you to create a custom stencil from a photo. Please tag us @PlatoPetTreats if you create a #dogolantern this year Enter your masterpiece in the Pumpkin Masters 2021 Pumpkin Contest for a chance to win $5,000!
- The Basics: Pumpkin Carving Tips, Tricks and How To from the Masters at Pumpkin Masters
- Tool Time: How to Carve a Pumpkin with a DREMEL Tool | Carving Tutorial
- Be Inspired: People Who Could Win A Gold Medal For Pumpkin Carving
- Guts to Glory: Halloween Pumpkin Waste: 3 Recipes – Zero Waste Tips
- Save your pumpkin seeds for next year
- Plant pumpkin seeds in May for northern climates and late June for southern climates
- Plant 2 pumpkin seeds together, about 1 inch into soil
- Pumpkins need lots of sunshine and lots of space
- Pumpkins need to be watered regularly
- Plant near mint and marigold to keep squash bugs away
We hope you are able to wow your friends and family with your profound pumpkin knowledge at all the fall festivals this year!
Remember to share your pup’s pumpkin moments by tagging us @PlatoPetTreats!